As a continuing congregation, Christ Church is one of the oldest places of worship in the Diocese of Huron. It began as St Paul's Church in 1819 and until the Methodists built in 1843 and the Roman Catholics in 1844, it was the only church in Chatham. The first resident clergyman came in 1827 who was succeeded in 1836 by Thomas Brock Fuller who later would become Bishop of Niagara. The first clergy also acted as travelling missionaries to the surrounding area.
The current building was constructed in 1861 and its name was changed to Christ Church. The old building was destroyed by fire 8 years later. The current St Paul's Church in Chatham was built in 1956 named after Chatham's first church.
Website: Anglican Church in Chatham, Ontario